StormX Wireless Monitoring Sensor
Triaxial Vibration, Temperature, Full Spectral, Trend & Waveform Data
The StormX unit is an advanced wireless monitoring system that integrates a piezo-ceramic Triax accelerometer into a small form factor battery powered housing, as well as a high temperature senor. It is capable of simultaneous sampling 4 channels of external analog data and 3 channels of internal XYZ data at rates up to 20kHz, and 6 channels of external DC data.
The unit runs stand alone with batteries or an external DC power supply, and switches automatically between low power battery modes and mains operational modes. The battery pack is field replaceable. The expansion port also allows larger external batteries, rechargeable batteries, DC power supplies, or power harvesting/solar solutions to augment or replace the internal battery. The wireless unit communicates with the base station via long range 900Mhz radio.
The STORMX unit includes a high performance digital signal processor (DSP) that allows advanced analysis programs. This includes data compression, encryption, and error correction for the wireless link, and the ability to do advance frequency domain analysis on the unit.
StormX SKU Options
- StormX: Unit that includes a Triax accelerometer and high temperature sensor
- StormX-Battery: Battery for the StormX
- StormX-POW: External power supply for the StormX
- 3 Internal acceleration channels, XYZ direction.
- High accuracy PiezoElectric triaxial accelerometer
- Support for 3 external analog AC inputs through an expansion port [requires additional product purchase].
- Support for 3 external DC/process inputs through an expansion port [requires additional product purchase].
- Simultaneous sampling of 3 internal acceleration channels and 3 external channels at rates of 64Hz up to 20kHz.
- Onboard decimation filter and alias filter.
- Long range wireless connectivity using a high powered advanced 900MHz radio.
- On board sample memory allowing 3200 lines of resolution at sample rates from 64Hz to 20kHz.
- On board digital processing for advanced functions such as spectrum analysis, alarms [Requires per-user customization].
- Water and weatherproof durable casing sealed to IP67 standards and including standard M12 connector for expansion port.
- Anti caustic casing made from stainless 316 and resistant Delrin plastics.
- Battery or mains operation.
- High temp design 175F.
- Onboard AES encryption compliant with FIPS 140-2
- Battery monitoring features.
Part Number: StormX